This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site https://www.dalesway.co.uk
This includes any personal information you may provide through our site when you:
- Use our website
- Purchase a product or service
- Request a lease quote
- Sign up to our newsletter / blog
- Take part in a prize draw or competition
- Take part in a customer survey or questionnaire
Please note: By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Dalesway Print Technology is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
What data we collect about you
Dalesway is committed to keeping your information private and to protecting your privacy. By “your information” we mean any information that you or a third party provide to us either via our website directly or through email, letter or by telephone contact. Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Personal data submitted via our contact form online is used to contact you regarding your enquiry. This data is normally retained for a period of one year for use by our customer services team. Information submitted via our enquiry form is not used for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You will receive marketing communications from us only if you have opted to do so. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing from the marketing email you receive in your inbox – the unsubscribe link is at the bottom of every marketing email we send you.
Please note: Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to communications about a product or service purchase, product or service experience or other transactions. It is also important to note that where you have placed items in your cart and provided an email address during the process of checkout, but failed to complete such a transaction, our system is set up to send you automated reminders about your Abandoned Cart to make it easy for you to return to complete that purchase. An abandoned cart is reactivated each time you log in to our site. To avoid reminders, please remove the items from your cart.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below –
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process, or (b) protect and defend the rights of Dalesway Print Technology and any intellectual property rights that may be threatened.
- Other companies who provide services as part of our normal business activities such as, but not limited to packaging, mailing and delivering our products, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
If, in the future, we sell, transfer or merge all or part of our business or assets, including the acquisition of other businesses, we may share your data with other parties. We will only do this if they agree to keep it safe and private and to only use it in the same ways as set out in this notice.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
We do not allow Google to collect data for display and search remarketing purposes. We do not use User-IDs to identify you across different devices and multiple sessions. You are able to control what Google is able to do directly in Google Ad Settings.
This web site uses ‘cookies’ to track generic usage statistics, not to collect any information that could personally identify individual users. Of these cookies, the vast majority will last only for your current browsing session or for 24 hours. For more information, please review our cookie declaration. To set your preferences for services such as Youtube – please log into your account and go to settings > history & privacy. Youtube is a Google company and as such you can also set your Google Ad Settings preferences from the same location.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:-
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
Read more about your rights.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Please Note: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Customer feedback and complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues and the design of our web site.
Should you have such comments or a complaint about how we are using your personal data, please feel free to telephone on 0845 224 1204 or 03303 500 524 from a mobile phone or write to us at:
Dalesway Print Technology
Eden House, Calf Hall Road,
BB18 5PX, United Kingdom